Tuesday, June 22, 2010

a wrinkle in time

I really wish as though I had read a wrinkle in time at a younger age, I feel as though I may have enjoyed it more. That being said, I really don't feel as though gave this book a fair chance, at the mention of religious undertones, I simply wrote it off as something I wouldn't enjoy and surprise, surprise, I did not. I can definitely see why this book would be banned, in today's increasingly secular society and education system there is no room for this kind of indoctrination at an early grade level when children are not able to properly process what they are reading.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it was banned from Christian schools, not secular education systems.

    The Christian references can seem like a little much, but I do think there's more to the novel than just the references. As someone noted in class, we tend to see the references because we're familiar with the allusions.

    ReplyDelete